Support and frequently asked questions
How do I configure the Android phone for my email accounts (using K9 Email Client)?
The following article explains how to check and send email from your Android phone using the K9 Email Client software.
While all of the Android powered devices have access to the stock email client, the included features leave a lot to be desired. However the K9 email client is a direct replacement for the stock email client and bundles several features and security updates that the stock email client does not.
How to install the K9 email client
- You will first need to access the Google Marketplace on your Android
powered device and search for the K9 client. You can also use a barcode
scanner if you have one to scan the image below to locate the
- Once you have it installed you will need to open the application and
goto the "Settings" option. Once there choose "Add account" to add a new
- You will need to supply both your email address and the password for
the account. You also will have an option of setting the email account
as the default mail account if you are adding more than one email
account. Once you have finished, select "Next".
- You will have to choose if you wish to use POP3, IMAP or Exchange
for your account. Once you do the application will forward you to the
- Depending on what email option you chose, you will now need to
supply the email server for both incoming and outgoing, as well as
security type, authentication type and port. Once you have finished,
select "Next".If your email user, password or server type is incorrect,
the application will ask to verify that it is correct or you can force
it to continue.
- Now you will be able to setup the email poll frequency or how
however the application will check for new email, number of messages to
display and notification type. Once you have finished, select "Next".
- You will be able to give the account a specific name. Once you have
finished, select "Done".