Support and frequently asked questions
How to setup IMAP in Outlook
IMAP Internet Message Access Protocol. The purpose of IMAP is to allow a client to have server-based email management. With IMAP, a client does not need to download and store its own messages. All messages can be manipulated and stored on the server.
Username/login: Always your full email address (ex:
Outgoing mail server: mail.yourdomainname.com
Incoming mail server: mail.yourdomainname.com
Port: either 587 or 25, try both if one doesn't work (it depends on your ISP)
Outgoing mail server requires authentication (important setting)
To setup IMAP in Outlook:
- From the tools menu -> select email accounts.
- Click -> add a new email account -> click next
- On the email accounts page -> select the IMAP radio button -> click next
- On the email accounts page -> fill out all of the necessary information. Be sure to put in the incoming and outgoing server.
- Click -> more settings.
- Click -> the outgoing server tab.
- (optional) If your outgoing server requires SMTP authentication, check the box labeled as such.
- Click -> the advanced tab.
- If your server requires a secure connection, make sure that those boxes for the incoming and outgoing servers are checked also.
- Click Save.